Seeking privacy, beauty and freedom to enjoy your vacation? Take a second look at the Forgotten Coast in Florida with sugar sand beaches, endless views and just about any activity you could possibly desire. The Forgotten Coast is also an excellent place for pet friendly beach houses and activities. All of the beaches in Gulf County allow pets on a leash with the only exception being St. Joseph Peninsula State Park. The beaches make it even easier to bring Fido along with 20 disposal stations and bags to boot! Before you book your trip, consider the following list of helpful tips for pet travel.
10 Must do/Must Haves for Pet Friendly Travel
- Create a customized ID tag that includes your pet’s name, home address, & phone number. Create a second tag with the address of where you are staying while on vacation.
- Make sure your pet us up to date on all vaccinations prior to travel.
- Get your pet used to the travel carrier you plan to use. Take several trips to get Buster good and ready for your trip.
- Do you have the perfect create or animal carrier? If not, consider an innovative collapsible travel crate.
- Bring a cozy bed or travel blanket for good rest.
- Pet Friendly Car Travel – make sure your animal’s space in the car is well ventilated and calming.
- Bring your leash – 2 to be safe! Gulf County law requires that pets must leashed at all times while on the beach.
- Make traveling a little easier with portable dog bowls.
- Consider bringing your own water from home so as not to upset your pet’s stomach while you’re gone.
- Pet Friendly Flights – If you must travel by plane make sure to investigate the best pet friendly airlines prior to booking. Flying with pets can be expensive and involved so make sure you do your research first. Check out a summary of updated pet flight info from DogFriendly.com.